Tuesday, July 16, 2013

First wekend with new BMW K 1600 GT

Picked up the brand new BMW K 1600 GT in light gray from Hermy's in Port Clinton on July 9th (1 week ago).  We couldn't get the XM satellite to receive a signal, so it took a little longer while the service department adjusted the XM antenna.  Here she is, still on the show room floor.


As Murphy would have it, the Northeast US is was pretty soggy and within half an hour of leaving the show room for a weekend of sailing, kayaking, dancing and riding, I ran into rain.  Not to be dissuaded  I donned rain gear and continued on.  One of Mickey's friends has a place by the yacht club and was happy to shelter my bike in his man cave.  The man cave is complete with bar, motorcycles, flat screen TV and urinal.



Saturday the 10th was perfect for sailing and kayaking.  Mickey and Ed were great and made the day a blast.  Mickey and I got into a little kayak race and she won when I turtled my kayak.  Ed tried to help and I turned him over.  After a short surface swim...which everyone knows I love, we got the water out of the boats and continued on our way.  Sorry, no overturned kayak pictures.


No weekend would be complete without a paramedic reunion.  Joe, Bob, Dave and I got together for a 200 miler and met up with Mary at Senapes tavern for Dinner.



What an awesome weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yes it was and we all thank you for the dance lessons. Glad you aren't still claiming I intentionally rolled your kayak the second time. You know I would never do that...lol...well maybe, but I didn't this time. We'll need to have a rematch of the kayak race next summer.

    ReplyDelete