Thursday, August 24, 2017

20170824 - Kansas City, Kansas to Castle Rock, Colorado

590 miles in this day, all of it super-slab.  Kansas is flat.  There wasn't a single elevation change until I arrived in Colorado; corners were elusive as well.  The good news is that it is gorgeous.  There was no weather to be had, but now that I'm in Colorado, the skies look like rain.  :-(  Hopefully tomorrow will be nice.

My route was Rt. 70 all the way to Rt. 86.  At that point I left the super-slab for 56 miles.  Colorado is simply gorgeous.  I can't wait to ride tomorrow and get some really nice pics.  My drone is charging now.  I may post a video of Castle Rock.  I need to make sure it's safe to fly around here first.

My today map and trip map are below.  So far I'm into this trip about 5,000 miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment