Tuesday, August 15, 2017

20170815 - Enid OK to Poplar Bluffs MO

Today's leg was brought to you by the numbers 412, 60, 160 and 60.  Yes I mentioned 60 twice.

The trip has been awesome so far.  I've been riding my ride the way I want to ride it.  The weather has impacted my choices, but not in a bad way.  Thunderstorms caused me to miss most of New Mexico, but I got to see the southern part of Colorado.  I can come back and visit New Mexico, so net plus there.  I also needed to avoid Arkansas because of thunderstorms in my path.  Arkansas is close enough to Florida, so I can do more there at a later time.  The push into Missouri wasn't thrilling.  There really isn't any awesome landscapes that I found along my route.  I'm sure Missouri has more to offer.  Someone is just going to have to show me.  :-)

I stopped in Poplar Bluffs, MO for a couple reasons.  First, it was getting late and I didn't have 2 hours of night time riding in me.  I could have, but monkey butt was suggesting Poplar Bluffs is a good place to stop.  I also thought I'd be pulling off the road in time to get something nutritious to eat.  I was wrong.  I wasn't getting on the bike and delivery options were pizza only.  I don't need a pizza pie.  I've been eating light this trip and I can do without dinner.  I will just make sure to get a good breakfast.  This morning, I didn't get around to breakfast until 1pm.

At 1pm, I was really in search of eggs and toast, but all these little towns seem to have pizza, Mexican, and Chinese food.  I kept passing up all that till I arrived at Clayton's, where I had Calve's Testicles.  These little gems are an organ meat (obviously) and have a slightly gammy taste to them.  I didn't care for the breaded and fried part, but they were tender and actually very tasty.

Here are some maps...today's leg - all trips on my K1600GT since 7/13 of 250 miles or more.  I'm going to turn 70,000 on this trip.







No comments:

Post a Comment