Saturday, October 12, 2013

10/12/2013 Day 2: Sacramento to Anderson - New Saddle!!

Today's weather...


I think I'll be pretty lucky if the temperatures are this warm.  I'm not worried though, there's no precipitation in the forecast and my electric blanket will keep me warm.  I'll post pics of the new saddle and probably Rick and his shop here later.

Got custom saddle after meeting Rick.  This is a totally different post as it deserves it's own space.

After I left, I was going to head straight down 5 to Red Bluff and across to Susanville, where I was going to stay the night.  Somehow, I got off rt. 36 onto 99 and instead of backtracking, I decided to forge ahead.  The farmland scenery was gorgeous, so why not.  My new route took me around Lake Tahoe and I'm staying just south of Carson City in a town called Minden NV.  While at Rick Meyer's place, I ran into two guys and they, and Rick, all said that I really shouldn't go south of Carson City too much because when I leave in the morning, I will encounter a 50 mile stretch that will get down as low as 15 degrees F and may have some ice...although it hasn't precipitated in a while.  I was tempted to forge on tonight.  I had a temp of 56 degrees F.; but, I knew that wouldn't last as soon as I started climbing mountains.  I've become very accustomed to listening to the locals.  In fact, I have a better plan for myself.  I'm going to hang out in this very comfy king size room until the temps along my route are above 40.  I think that's a fine idea.  Ice is scary; but, freezing my Jimmy off is scarier.  So, I'm going to do my best to sleep in tomorrow.

Here's my track for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment