Friday, October 11, 2013

10/11/2012 - Redlands California to Sacramento California Trip Part 1/4

The trip is on.  Today's leg of the trip will hopefully get me all the way to Sacramento.  That puts me in perfect position for a nice 2 hour morning ride up to Anderson in the morning.  Traffic in the afternoon around LA is likely to be snarling, so it's possible I wont' make it that far.  The temperatures are absolutely beautiful for this ride!




The ride was somewhat as expected.  My GPS didn't take me the way Google did and probably for the better.  I avoided all the LA traffic.  That said, I was up and down in the Sierra mountains.  At some point, the temp was 56 and plummeting.  I pulled over and put on the pant liner and electric jacket.  Little did I know, in 20 miles, it was back in the 70's.  Truth be told, I feel a bit guilty about riding around with electric clothing.  I feel like I have an obligation to rough it with 60 pounds of leather on.  Maybe I'll get over it.  This was today's progress.


2 comments:

  1. I have roughly 52k miles on the Wing and it"s 8 years old; it seems you're likely to catch up to me in short order at the pace of your riding..... I'm really looking forward to you getting back to the east coast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, you could be right. When I get home this ThanksGiving, I'll probably have right around 12,000 miles on it. Not bad for having bought it the first week in June!

    I'm looking forward to being back. Don't forget, Alaska in June....and probably Nova Scotia in April. If you don't have electric clothing, it's time to buy!

    ReplyDelete