Friday, August 2, 2013

NJ to CA : Day 11 : 8/2/2013 Final leg Petaluma CA to Redlands CA

I'm just north of San Francisco, so I'm expecting traffic this morning.  I'll take a late start and hopefully, be able to third lane some of the trip.  I'm taking the interstate to shave a couple hours off my riding time since I've already ridden the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco already.

Today's weather looks great, and I'm past that stationary front.  Hopefully, the air will be still today!



The day finished with 40 miles of slow moving LA rush hour traffic.  Fortunately, I was able to third lane quite a bit, which kept me moving in the 90 degree heat.  On a big bike, it's not nearly as effective as the little crotch rockets that can zip between smaller spaces.  I'm a bit more cautious.

The last miles are always the hardest and I was definitely counting miles and time for the last couple hundred.  California desert is not enjoyable.  The landscape doesn't change much.  No pics from today.

1 comment: