Thursday, August 22, 2013

08/24/2013 Redlands California to Torrey Utah and back - The plan

Well, tomorrow will make 3 weeks since I arrived back in Redlands and I'm thinking a road trip would be righteous; to hell with my laundry.  It will be here when I get back.  Since the 6k service is out of the way, the bike is ready too.  I need to go to Utah.  It's one state in the West that I need to add to my list - just in case I never make it back this way on a motorcycle.  This trip will bring my total states visited on a motorcycle to 27; righteous indeed.  I will pick up Nevada, Arizona (small Northwest part) and Utah.  When I get to Utah, I plan to ride the The Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument tour.  I find these cool rides on www.motorcycleroads.com.  Here's the map and weather:



I leave tomorrow after work - about 5pm.  My stretch goal is to make it to Mesquite Nevada; but, I'll settle for anywhere near Las Vegas.  The temps you see are a lie.  I already know this.  I will probably be baking in 105+ degree heat until the sun goes down.  Wherever I land, I land.  I'll find a place to stay.


The next leg takes me up to my starting point in Panguitch, Utah, where I will head south on US-89 and pick up Rte 12 towards Bryce Canyon.  I'll follow that another hundred or so miles to Torrey Utah. The weather man says rain.  Mother nature, please undo your plans and make that sunshine.  I did say please.  You can keep the temperatures right where the weather man has predicted.

I may or may not stay in Torrey.  I'm not sure yet.  I would really like to make it part way back if I can.  I need to be back by 2:30 Sunday if at all possible.

I'm not planning on taking my laptop with me, so I'll post all the pics when I get back.




No comments:

Post a Comment