Sunday, February 15, 2015

20150207-2015-209 - New Port Richey to Jupiter Florida and back

There's not much to write about on this trip except that I'm trying to find a way to get from NPR to Jupiter faster.  My father is staying in Jupiter for the winter and I like to go visit him.  My last trip was in the truck and took 4 hours.  I left after work on a Thursday and got caught up in traffic around the junction of I75 and I4.

For this trip, I tried two different routes.  Neither of them gets me there in less than 4 hours.  I thought the last route might be good as it was more direct.  Unfortunately, I must have encountered (no joking) 50 or more traffic lights along the way - route 1 and many more on route 2.

I think next time, I'm going to try I75 down to 70 and take that across.  At the end of the day, I'm riding and getting to see more of the state!

Oh, I did encounter some weather on the trip.  See pic 3.  I was in this from Lakeland all the way home.  What a mess.  Within a span of  3 or 4 miles, there were as many rear end collisions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment