Sunday, November 17, 2013

11/22 - 11/25 CA to PA Planning

I have settled on a plan to get from California to Pennsylvania.  The route I want to take is just better than 3,000 miles, and if I can do it in 72 hours, I will get another Iron Butt certification.  Here's the mileage table…


The actual trip is about 3100 miles.  On the last leg, I'll either stop before my destination to get my affidavit signed, or, if I can make it within the timeframe, get it signed at my final destination.

The good news is that this gets me to my destination during daylight.  This is important because there is the possibility of snow and ice.  I'd like to be off the road on my final day before the sun is down.  This plan makes it possible; but doesn't give me much contingency time.  Whatever contingency time I do get will be from traveling more than 60 miles per hour and sleeping less than 8 hours a day.  This route also keeps me in the South, where it's warmer, for as long as possible.

Game on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment