Monday, August 8, 2022

85,963 (12,000 mile service...again)

Well, I really should look at my blog before I do service. It was just a thousand miles ago that I did a 12,000 mile service on the bike. I'm used to riding a lot more than I have been lately, and forgot. I also saw a service engine light and thought that was telling me I needed a 6k service. It wasn't. There was one diagnostic error code for the engine; but, I dismissed it and it hasn't come back. I'll ride it more to determine if there is a problem. So, I just repeated the 12,000 mile service - oil, filter, air filter, final drive, and rechecked the brakes. This time, I pulled the pads out and found the front pads to be a bit slimy. I'm going to do a caliper rebuild, and replace the fluid. I don't see a video online, so I'm going to try to post one. I'll order the parts tomorrow and see if I can get this done over the weekend. Stay tuned. While servicing the oil filter, I looked down at the shifter arm and found the plastic washer (Plastic Washer - BMW-Motorrad (35417674080))between the shifter lever and safety clip had disintegrated. I'll be replacing that as soon as I get my hands on a new one.

1 comment: